Thursday, January 30, 2014




                  My Swoon is done- my Swoon is done!
I actually had a productive weekend. After a drive with my hubby to an antique mall north of town, we stopped for a snack- which you all have seen. Pictured below again so you can all drool:


When I got home, I am sure the sugar rush had everything to do with the fact that I finished my swoon quilt.  It was great fun- and I must say I would make another one. The directions were great-and the yardage was correct. Too bad it took me 8 blocks to get brave enough to chain piece the blocks. Oh well, now I know for next time. Here it is- sorry for the photo-my living room is just too small- or we have too much furniture-

 
When I got up on Sunday I had a plan to piece the backing for the Pepsi quilt and run up to my office to baste it. Then, I would get started on a few cute little zippered bags for some friends. Here are the fabrics I am going to use for the bags-I love this fabric! It is a line from Moda called Bobbins and Bits by Pat Sloan.

 
Then I received a phone call. Someone had asked if I could go to Ft. Collins to teach a mystery quilt class. I thought- why not? It would be fun and I love to teach. The very sweet lady called me back Sunday morning and we talked about when I would be available. Without much thought one of the weekends I told her would work was this coming weekend. After I got off of the phone I realized I had not made the damn sample yet! YIKES! As my class was not scheduled for a month or so at the quilt shop I figured I had a few weeks to mess around. BUT NO! Thank goodness I had already purchased the fabric. Actually, I had purchased fabric to make 2 different versions.  Now, if push came to shove, I may have been ok not making the sample ahead, but I really hate to do that. I like to make sure there are no errors in yardage or cutting. I also think it is only fair for them to have a finished quilt to look at. So, my Sunday plans changed at that minute. I got the fabric out. I actually knew where it was- big shocker I know-and got to cutting.
After a quick run to the grocery store (had to have a red velvet cupcake-for energy LOL) I started to piece. It only took me 4 hours total- not too bad. It had 3 borders to put on which I HATE to do but it is a smaller quilt and wasn’t too bad. I got it done just in time to watch Shameless! I would show you a picture but then I would ruin the surprise for readers that may be taking the class-but here is a sneak peak though-
 
So, my cute little bags got put on hold. Maybe next weekend. Hopefully I will get the Pepsi quilt basted one day this week after work, so I will have to work on that this weekend as well.  But that is only if I don’t end up teaching-so we shall see!
Happy Sewing!
Courtenay

No comments:

Post a Comment