Tuesday, January 28, 2014


                I AM A BUNNY KILLER
              -but now so is someone else-

 


What a Monday. I had some weird dreams and ended up waking up in a bad mood. Then, of course, to add to that the roads were a bit snow covered. I was taking my time on my way to work- not speeding but driving to keep up with others when cars began passing our line of cars on our right. I was hoping to see those asses in the ditch ahead- to no avail. As I turned to drive down a big steep hill my car began to slide. I did get it under control, threw it into 2nd gear and proceeded down the hill. Then, some idiot in a truck flew by me in a no passing zone. Needless to say I was a tad frazzled. When I got to the bottom of the hill, a small little bunny headed right out into the road. With nowhere to go I hit him. DEAD.  SPLAT. NO MORE BUNNY. I immediately burst into a crying fit. Now, I know many bunnies get hit. I know all about natural selection, the circle of life, and what pests these critters can be. But, having owned a pet bunny many years ago and being an animal lover in general I never want to be responsible for ending a critter’s life. Even a dumb little rabbit.  I pulled into the parking lot at work, tried to gather myself together, blew my nose on my mittens (not really I just said that for dramatic effect) and headed into work.
Now, I am flashing back to my childhood. I am remembering my mother cooking rabbit for dinner one time. If it was more than one time I must have blocked it out. One of my friends had a pet rabbit, and she was actually there for dinner. I think my parents were just evil. I was not allowed to tell her what we were having, and honestly I don’t think I did. I don’t remember what it tasted like or even if I liked it. I also remember my dad bringing me home bunny tails, but I never really thought about how he got those tails. NEVER MADE THE CONNECTION.  And now you are all thinking- how stupid is this woman and how can she even function as an adult? SCARY, isn’t it?
Anyhow, after a few hours my day at work proceeded to get worse.  I was finding mistakes I made in orders that I had processed a few weeks ago and was feeling pretty useless. Then it was time to go home. Thank goodness! I go out to leave and my car doors were frozen shut. REALLY?? I finally pry the damn doors open and start my car. I head up the road. It is a SHEET of ice! My car is small, and though it has good tires it was no match for the roads. I turned around and headed back to work. Yes, back to work. The same place I really wanted to leave! I thought I would just wait a few hours and let the sand trucks do their job. Then, even though I screwed up all day, my awesome bosses offered to take me home in their Jeep. So, off we went.  My normally 20 minute drive took us about an hour, but we made it just fine. I got home, had dinner- thank you honey for the yummy dinner- curled up on the couch with the dogs and under quilts and there I stayed. If my fricking bottle of wine hadn’t spilled in the fridge a few weeks ago I would have had some of that. I wonder why I didn’t put a stopper on the bottle?  Again, how do I even function?
Fast forward to this morning. Bob brings me to work-roads are fine-thank you honey- and after he drops me off he texts me. He asks if I saw these tracks in the snow-

 
Which led me to see these tracks-

 
Then this combo of tracks.

GREAT! Now Wile E. Coyote had dinner last night, too.

 

I think it is time for a beer-and yes, it is only 8am. But I think I have heard some awesome cowboy sing something to the effect that it is 5 o’clock somewhere. If my dad had not had a heart attack after drinking 5 gallons of Bloody Mary’s one Christmas I would have one of those. (It didn’t kill him, but put him in the hospital. Boy, was my mom pissed). Think I will stick to beer-
Stay warm and sew on my friends!

 

Courtenay

1 comment:

  1. Aw. You had one of those days where everything seems to go wrong! Tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete