Monday, December 9, 2013


WELCOME!

Hello! My name is Courtenay and Welcome to my blog Chip and Dale Designs. I hope you will become a regular reader and that eventually, once you get past all of my quirks and kinks, that we can become online friends.

I must warn you, however, that Chip and Dale Designs is not your ordinary run-of-the-mill blogs. I have a really warped sense of humor and I try to weave that dementedness into my writings and ramblings.

I started sewing and quilting over 20 years ago. Over the years, I was fortunate enough to be able to turn my sewing addictions into somewhat of a career. Following a long run with Hobby Lobby, I had the opportunity to work in a variety of quilt shops. It does seem rather unusual that two of the shops closed after I worked there for several years, and another one moved but didn’t tell me where they moved to. Oh well.

As my sewing addiction worsened, and as I became better at the craft, I began teaching classes. I don’t want to brag, but I am going to anyway. I now have quite a following for my classes and I thoroughly enjoy teaching quilters new patterns, techniques, etc. I also instruct ladies in ways to get their husbands and children to support them in their quilting addictions. I hope to be able to pass those pearls of wisdom on to you.

In addition to talking about quilting and sewing, this blog will also contain exciting new recipes. These recipes are quick and simple, designed to make your family think that you have slaved all day in the kitchen preparing them a delicious meal. In reality the meal only took a few minutes to prepare thus allowing you the whole day to sip wine and sew.

The blog will also contain reviews of many of the quilt shops that I have visited along with critiques of some of the websites where I have done online shopping. There will also be occasional contests and giveaways.

So, in a nutshell, or maybe nutcase, that is what the Chip and Dale Designs blog is all about. I hope to entertain and amuse you, enlighten you, and one day get you as addicted to quilting and sewing as I am.

 In other words, I want to leave you in stitches!

 Happy Sewing!

 Courtenay

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging universe Courtenay and good luck on your new Craftsy class!

    ReplyDelete