Sunday, December 15, 2013




LABELS SHMABELS
My name is Courtenay- and I do not label my quilts. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem- right?  I know I need to do this. I really do. I am just so over the quilt by the time that last stitch is made on the binding that I do not have one more ounce of care in me to create a label. Bad, I know. There are a few quilts I have made labels for. I made labels for those because they were going into quilt shows that required me to do them. I did make a few others several years back-but that was when I was on crack and didn’t know how much I hated doing them. (Just kidding about the crack part)
I should try to make the label when I start the quilt, but I am so in the zone to get going that the label is the furthest thing on my little brain. I can only hold in so much information at one time- just ask my poor bosses.

I have a wonderful Bernina that can embroider. However, it has been so long since I used that part of the machine I forget how to use it! I need to get back into it. But then sometimes it seems as if it is such a hassle to get the machine all set up for embroidery. I have to find the embroidery unit, get out the instruction manual, find the attachments, find the program on the computer and then try to remember how to create a label, etc. By then my quilt could have been done and the wiener dogs have peed on it already to break it in.

I know- these all sound like excuses. And they are.
Next year I promise to get my lazy ass in gear and try- I mean TRY- to label anything bigger than a place mat or table runner that leaves my house.
My name is Courtenay and now I might make quilt labels. Baby steps, right? I will see you at the next meeting!

1 comment:

  1. mikesievers@frontiernet.netJanuary 24, 2014 at 2:15 PM

    I do not sew I do not quilt
    But follow your blog
    I certainly wilt

    ReplyDelete