Monday, April 21, 2014


   CREATING THE PERFECT ENABLER: LESSON TWO
 
THE IDEAL SEWING TABLE

 
I had been struggling for weeks trying to decide what would be the perfect Easter present for my wonderful, adorable, handsome husband. After many anguished hours of pondering what would be the perfect gift for my hubby, I finally figured out what he needed most- a new sewing table!

Now this won’t be your average run-of-the-mill, everyday, common, semi-functional sewing table. It will have everything that a quilter my husband would want in a sewing table. There will be a place for my his sewing machine(s), an attached cutting table with inlaid cutting mats, and a fold out ironing board with iron holder, multiple drawers for sewing gizmos and gadgets, various racks for things like threads and wine, small refrigerator/freezer, microwave, keg cooler with tapper - everything a perfect sewing table would have.
 
The ideal sewing table will have a designated Creative Area where  a quilter can sit in solitude and work on new designs and patterns and color combinations:
 

The ideal sewing table will have a small Inspiration Area where a quilter can sit and get inspired and come up with creative new ideas:



 The ideal sewing table will have multiple uses:

 

My husband was ecstatic as he unwrapped his Easter present(s)! Skill saw, drill, router, electric screwdriver, jig saw, sander, - all cordless. The kids joined in, gifting him assorted tools and a nice selection of lumber. He loved his Easter card, which also included the carefully drawn plans for his new sewing table!

 

Lumber from the kids:
 

From the sketch on that back of a bar napkin to professional blueprints:



 
 
Though it was not quite what I had in mind, I love my new sewing table because it was crafted with love by my wonderful, adorable, handsome but not too terribly handy husband!
 
 
 
We both agreed that it was his best Easter ever!
 
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment