Saturday, February 22, 2014


                                                    QUILT SHOP REVIEW

I thought when we started this blog I would review some quilt shops for you.  When I am lucky enough to travel I will stop by some shops and review those as well. For now I will review several in Colorado. I have been to many out of state but it has been so long I may not remember pertinent information! Hopefully next month I can add one or 2 from southern Louisiana, though I may not have much time for quilt shops. There are hurricanes to drink there!


 
Anyway, the first shop I would like to review is B-Right-On located at 5 S. First St. in Brighton, Colorado. It is a wonderful shop owned by Lance and Debi- who are siblings. They work so hard. If I worked with my family I would be goofing off and laughing so much I would never get anything done! Though there is a lot of laughing that goes on in there, they seem to get more than their fair share of work done!
 

The shop carries over 8,000- yes- 8,000 bolts of fabric with more coming in every day. They have a wonderful selection of batiks, reproductions, flannels, juvenile prints and about anything else you could want. If you can’t find a fabric that will work for your project you haven’t looked hard enough! The shop also carries many Moda fabrics as well as the pre-cuts we are all loving now- charm packs, layer cakes etc. All fabric is $10 a yard (other than the extra wide backings of course). And with fabric being sold at over $12 a yard these days, this is a deal! Also, they run sales every now and then and it gets even cheaper! For example, Lance recently ran a sale and fabric was only $8 a yard! YOWZA!

 
They also sell sewing machines and sergers – Brother, Janome and Juki. If you need a Horn cabinet they would be happy to get one for you! They have several models on display for you to drool over! They repair and service machines as well. Lance has had all of my machines at one point or another and they all come back in fine working order. (and usually along with a  gentle scolding to oil my machines more often)

 
B-Right-On is also a great stop for thread and notions! They have walls of notions, and many racks of different threads. They even have one whole display of ric rac and trims!
 

You may also take classes at the shop. They have many different classes available that would be appropriate for the beginning quilter as well as for the experienced quilter. An Accu Cut event is scheduled on March 8th- be sure to call the shop and sign up-this event is almost full! The store carries an extensive selection of dies.

 
So- next time you are in the area (or need a road trip) please stop by! Lance and Debi would be so happy to see you! They are open Monday and Tuesday 9-8, Wednesday-Friday 9-6, Saturday 8-4. The shop is closed on Sunday.

For all of you Diners’ Drive Ins and Dives lovers there is a place in Brighton that was featured on that show. It is called Lauer-Krauts and it is very close to the shop.  The link to their website is below. It is VERY good- you will not be disappointed. And you must try a dessert- it is not an option J. I got a brownie that was as big as my head.
http://www.lauer-krauts.com/

Travel well my friends- and if you ever get up that way let me know. I would love to meet you!

Courtenay

1 comment: