Tuesday, February 25, 2014


                                                           Purging and cleaning-

Hello everyone! What a productive weekend I had! 
I decided I needed to install a new vacuum belt as someone (who shall remain nameless) drove it over the edge of the rug and burned the belt to heck. For some reason, I have the worst time with this damn vacuum belt. I am using the excuse that I just don’t have enough strength in my hands to put all the parts together anymore. I get so mad when pieces don’t fit. Last time I tried to change the belt I had to take the whole vacuum back in parts to the shop to fix it. When I dropped it off they let me borrow a loaner until the repair guy could look at it. Well, that night I got a phone call from said repairman. He told me in no uncertain terms that I was not to touch the underside of the loaner vacuum, and asked me how in the hell I got my vacuum into so many parts. Of course he was kidding but the point was made.  I was instructed by Lance to NEVER attempt to replace a belt again and just to bring it to him. LOL. So- what did I do Saturday? This cannot be that hard, I thought. I got online, and downloaded the crappiest manual ever with horrible pics that I couldn’t even see. Who designs these manuals??? Well, after ½ hour, and some extremely loud cussing (just ask my son who I woke up – sorry Sean) I had to step away for a bit or the whole damn thing would have ended up in the dumpster. Finally after leaving it sit for a minute, I had a cup of.... tea and went back to it. Hubby and I were finally able to get the bottom of the vacuum back on. With much trepidation I turned the thing on and lo and behold- it worked! And all of this happened before 9am. Again, sorry Sean!

 
Then I decided to change my ironing board cover out. Mine was all covered with 45 gazillion layers of starch, and had about 4 layers of fabric underneath it. When I took off all of the layers to start fresh the old cover could stand by itself and this is what it looked like-

Then, as I was plotting a trip to the fabric store to get new fabric to cover the board (any excuse will do you know), I realized I surely had something in my stash that would work. I found this!


I then proceeded to pull out all of my tubs of fabric into the living room and started to sort.  I started 1 donation bag but then it turned into 2. How on earth I didn’t end up with at least one empty tub I have no idea. I think the fabric spread! It was sure fun watching the dogs chase the cats over the piles of fabric, though.
Later, as I went out on the patio to put the donated bags there to get them out of my way, I noticed our squirrel across the way( She is the one we have been feeding to make up for the bunny I killed). As soon as Penny- yes we named her- heard our patio door, her head flew around and she sat right up. I laughed, came back in and got her peanuts. I came back to the door, and the little shit was standing right by the door! I was rolling- sure didn’t take her long to figure out the routine!


Back to fabric sorting. I also ended up finding fabrics that would work for other projects that I have in mind.  I am making some more of those little pleated bags and found another pattern for some little bags that use a metal measuring tape in the top. I feel good that all of the fabric for these came out of my stash and the only thing I had to buy was the measuring tape.  Here are the parts ready to go-


I got all parts cut and ready to sew, but at this point it was 7 pm and thought it would probably be best if I didn’t start any new projects. I got out a table runner and a small quilt that needed binding hand stitched down and put on a repeat of a Game of Thrones episode.  2 more projects done- finito-out of my hair. YIPPEE! Oops- just realized I better make a few labels for them.  Dammit-not finito!!

 
Then I was planning on sewing Sunday but my hubby decided we needed to go for a ride. I am still like a little kid-I love to go for rides! After a brief stop for the necessary Oreo Cheesecake Blizzard, we headed to the mountains. We are fortunate to live close to Rocky Mountain National Park and saw these guys yesterday, along with elk, deer and plenty of hawks looking for lunch!

Once we got home it was getting close to tv time- Walking Dead, Shameless and True Detective. Boy do I love Sunday nights. I am still on the fence regarding True Detective. I did get a few things ready to go before the craziness started, and one bag got it’s zipper installed. After that the dogs and I hunkered down for a night o’ fun!

 
Hope you all had a great weekend !

No comments:

Post a Comment