Sunday, October 2, 2016



                                    Another Retreat in the Books

  Hello everyone! Last weekend was my semi-annual quilt retreat. I think we have one of the best weekends, as the colors of the leaves up in the mountains are just perfect, as well as the weather!


  We all got a lot of sewing done, some eating and plenty of drinking! Michele had her Silhouette machine and was cutting vinyl like a crazy woman! She made this for me- I love it!

                                        Crack Whore Tip Bowl

  I got a few things done- Mrs. Chillingsworth was completed- I still need to quilt her-
Mrs. Chillingsworth


  I sewed this top- I used a template called Flowering Snowball. I loved that Kaffe fabric- and I think I am going to add a wide white border and applique on it. It just isn’t big enough for me. I now have to design something- it might go into the UFO pile for a while until the inspiration hits me.


Another finished quilt

  I also pieced this top and got it layered and stitched in the ditch. Now I need to go back and finish quilting it. I used a batting I had not used before – Quilter’s Dream wool. I only use wool battings in my flannel quilts- it makes them nice and light but toasty at the same time.  It is very puffy- and I love it so far! I am sure the dogs will love snuggling under it this winter!

                                     

  Judy pieced this beautiful Quilts of Valor quilt. She amazes all of us how much she gets done at retreat. She is such a supporter of that organization- she makes many of these during the year.



                               Red, White and Blue  Valor Quilt
      Roxanne whipped these beautiful table runners out- and used a nifty Sashiko machine to quilt it. Beautiful!

                                      Roxannes table runners

  Denese pieced this beautiful Labyrinth quilt- she also finished another top but it is a secret so I won’t share that one!

  Jan was working on the biggest top I have ever seen, but I did not get a picture of that. Eileen was working on a paper pieced project that has been taking up a lot of her time, and Lexie was working on an applique beauty that I failed to get a picture of.


  Laurie worked on this LITTLE quilt top- isn’t it pretty???
Laurie's Quilt
                              
  Roxanne also made this precious mini quilt- love it!
                                       Roxanne's Little quilt

I took this quilt for show and tell- it is a UFO from years ago- I am happy with the way it turned out-
                                           My Halloween Quilt

     We also had a special treat this time- Jan’s son Kurt cooked us Friday lunch. Here he is plating our food- ( the only time that happened all weekend)
                                                        Kurt

  It was a wonderful meal- and we all felt very spoiled.
   I am already looking forward to the next one. I so enjoy spending time with my peeps- and love them all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment